Looking for a day trip on Lake Como, in the surroundings of Varenna?
Visit the natural canyon of “Orrido di Bellano”, the mountain trail along the Viandante path, the medieval Vezio Castle.
Enjoy your holiday guided by Nadia, local Hiking Guide licensed AIGAE (Official Italian Association for Nature Hiking Guides). A walking tour along the Viandante path, living the soul of nature, beauty and tradition:
- the exciting experience of Orrido di Bellano, walking on wooden walkways above the waterfalls of a natural gorge
- the ancient mountain trail “Il Sentiero del Viandante”, walking through natural green woods on the steps of old merchants and travellers
- the local “Crotto”,a typical restaurant, with traditional food specialties kept in a temperate gorge
- the Castle of Vezio, a medieval tower where Queen Teodolinda, the Queen of Lombards, felt in love with the enchanting panorama of Lake Como
- Hiking shoes withgrip sole
- sunglasses and suncream
- jacket or sweater depending on the season
- rain jacket
- walking stics optional
Walking Time: 6 hours, all including
Hike distance: about 8 km
Difficulty grade: E (EASY, suitable for people with basic walking training)
Level difference: 250 mt.
€ 45 per person, min 2 persons
Lunch in a Crotto, typical restaurant with local products (ask in advance)
Ticket entrance to Orrido di Bellano € 3
Ticket entrance to Castle of Vezio € 3
Varenna train station 9:30 a.m.
Not suitable for
people with mobility difficulties and strollers